Warped upvc door filling the gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a upvc door that has warped in the middle, so the top and bottom of the door close against the guskets nicely but the middle doesn't. I tried using a thicker gasket but that just made the door hard to close and lock. I'm guessing the central part where the lock is still straight but the layer on top that overhangs the lock is bent.

Any suggestions for a discrete solution to provide some isolation to the gap without messing with the functionality of the door?

Sponsored Links
something i have tried in the past if the gasket is open folded sort is to clean the fold and place the normal softer draught excluder in the fold to encourage the gasket to push in the correct areas to form a seal

How well does it close when the locking mechanism is fully engaged ( manufacturers will say you should always pull the handle up when using the door ... )

How well does it close when the locking mechanism is fully engaged ( manufacturers will say you should always pull the handle up when using the door ... )

Nice and smoothly. That part seems fine.

Sponsored Links
So it's sealing against the frame fine when the locks are fully engaged

So it's sealing against the frame fine when the locks are fully engaged

Not fully as there is light and cold air that flows though. Its like a ) shape, the top and bottom are making sure the lock aligns. Not sure why the middle part of the lock (the latch) fits in without issue.

Can you adjust the center locking keeps to try and pu the bow out when it's closed ( mark the current position before you start though so you know where to go back to if it all goes horribly wrong )

Not fully as there is light and cold air that flows though. Its like a ) shape, the top and bottom are making sure the lock aligns. Not sure why the middle part of the lock fits in without issue.

Is there any value, in attempting to straighten the door? Any strap around the entire door, top to bottom, then jack the middle, against the tight strap.

Don't see how that would make any difference.. strap with still move

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back