How to fix gap left by removed wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had the wall between the wooden floored dining room and concrete floored kitchen removed and now have a gap where the wall used to be.

I intend to follow matts stickies on levelling the two floors as I will be laying some LVT, but am unsure on the best method to fill this gap which will not mean a long wait for me to do the rest.

I've attached a pic showing the area I want to target.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Adam - the joists don't extend the full length of the gap and only go as far as the brick from the previous wall....so I don't think will provide enough support for the floorboards? I suppose I could remove the bricks and get some new joists down.

The area was part of a chimney and the two joists in the picture are new and attached to the older ones. They appear to be just resting on bricks and "supported" by lots of rubble. What can I do to better secure them once extended?

I've done some further digging around and have some more pics:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back