Laying one floorboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice on the best way to do the following?

I have removed a load bearing wall between kitchen and dining room. the dining room has old pine floor boards. The kitchen floor was dug up, concreted and screeded and finished with tiles.

Where the wall was there is now a gap about 1500mm long, 40mm deep and approx 6 inches wide. The bottom of the gap is a course of bricks which the builder has damp proofed, however I am now left with a gap I need to fill.

I would like to get a reclaimed oak floorboard and use it to fill the gap.

I am guessing that the best way to progress is to use a fairly dry sand/cement mix to bring the depth of the gap up enough so that the floor board would sit flush with the dining room floorboards and the kitchen floor tiles. I then need to fix it somehow.

Any advice about my plan and/or suggestions how to fix the floorboard?

Thanks all,

Tom

Sponsored Links
Or just use timber packers every 300mm some off cuts of 2x2 or bigger, just make sure they are flat along the length with a string line or straight edge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back