How to fix this cracked garden wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is the right place for this.

I noticed a concrete wall in my garden has a full thickness crack through the centre and the rendering was coming off. After striping off the lose rendering I was left with the attached photo. The wall is about 10m in length and about 2.5m high. There aren't any other cracks and despite being a retaining wall (soil on the other side comes to about 1m high) there's no evidence of it bulging. I've got similar walls around the rest of the garden with no cracking although they have support pillars. Ideally I'd like to repair this and rerender it in a way that matches the other rendered walls but I'm aware it might be due to expansion and shrinking of the concrete. Is there anything I can do to fix it to ensure no further cracking and preferably allow me to make it look like the others?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230204_160758.jpg
    IMG_20230204_160758.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links
A wall that length would need an expansion joint built in, you have one now.

Is there anything that can be done to enable me to improve it's appearance? If i just fill it with expansion joints filler I'm going to be stuck with a visible crack and a wall I can't render.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back