How to fix this leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've got a leak here:

It's going to the washing machine and leaking just under the blue plastic I think.

I'm wondering how easy this is to replace. Do i need special tools. What is the name of the thing?

Or does it simply need tightening?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Close the valve - blue flag turned so that it matches the red flag.

Unscrew the washing machine hose and check the condition of the washer inside the blue nut, if it looks ok then reconnect the hose and tighten up

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Yeah red isn't connected.

So it's a simple spanner to unscrew and swap washer?

Thanks all

Shouldn't need a spanner, those types of fittings are supposed to be "hand tight" (very big hand !)

Be prepared for the blue handle break, be seized or not turn the water off completely. Turn the mains water off at the stopcock and take the opportunity to replace the washing machine tap as well.

Could I just replace the co.ponent with the tap on? What's it called? Washing machine tap?

Thanks

The sealing washer is contained in the end of the hose so you may have to replace that as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back