How to fix this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I’m wondering if anyone could kindly advise me on how to deal with the spaces now on my kitchen wall. I have just had gas central heating installed and the holes in wall are where electrician removed and disconnected switch and timer for immersion water heater that is now gone. Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• IMG_7313.jpeg
    IMG_7313.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
Hi I’m wondering if anyone could kindly advise me on how to deal with the spaces now on my kitchen wall. I have just had gas central heating installed and the holes in wall are where electrician removed and disconnected switch and timer for immersion water heater that is now gone. Thanks for any advice

For the lower problem - Remove the metal back box, cut a piece of plasterboard to fit the hole, use a piece of timber fixed with a screw top and bottom, through the existing PB, then fix your new piece of PB to the timber.

For the upper one - Try to unscrew those metal fixings, with a pair of long nosed pliers, or failing that punch them through.

Finally, use some finish plaster or filler, to level the surface, sand flat, and then paint.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back