How to hang this picture?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m embarrassed to ask because I am sure it is obvious, but how do I hang this picture?

B58F0385-4600-40E9-8088-2F58AADF7E46.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You bend that metal piece out a bit then hang on a nail. Problem is that that daft metal piece will probably part company with the picture backing. The serated edge is so that you can adjust the picture for optimum balance on the wall. Personally I would forget that rubbish metal hanger and screw a couple of small eyelets into the wood frame and then use a picture wire or cord to hang it. If you use eyelets then drill a pilot hole first because the wood frame will split otherwise.

You bend that metal piece out a bit then hang on a nail. Problem is that that daft metal piece will probably part company with the picture backing. The serated edge is so that you can adjust the picture for optimum balance on the wall. Personally I would forget that rubbish metal hanger and screw a couple of small eyelets into the wood frame and then use a picture wire or cord to hang it. If you use eyelets then drill a pilot hole first because the wood frame will split otherwise.

Whilst I agree that they are cheap fittings, the frame only seems to be a foot square. I would expect the fitting to be sufficient.

Personally, I prefer to use a screw and wall plug (rather than a nail), it is easier to adjust the depth of the screw back and forth as required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back