How to 'harvest'!? 5G signal from the boundary of my property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I own a place with a bit of land. If I walk to the boundary of my land closest to the village I am near I can get a decent 5G signal on my phone. In the house, it's a weak 4G signal.

Can someone tell me exactly what kit I need to 'harvest' (?) the 5G signal at the boundary of my land and then how to feed it back to my house where I can make use of it??

Is this possible? presumably some sort of aerial or mast type thing at the boundary and then a cable to another broadcasting type 'thing' inside my house??

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to achieve?

Do you want internet in the house, fed by the 5G. Or are you looking for the 5G data connection to be available for calls, & texts etc.

If internet, assuming you don't already have Fibre/something else that works. You may be best off with a 5G modem on the land of your property and then either a wired LAN connection or a point-to-point WiFi CPE.

if you're looking to actually 'bring' the 5G back to your house that's a bit more complicated basically because then you get into the realms of radio broadcasting and the equipment you'll need to do this isn't really consumer grade and costs thousands. With 4G it's a bit more possible but will still probably cost in the region of £500-1000. Some networks may also provide a 'micro cellular' network thing that effectively broadcasts a small 4G (3G?) network off of your WIFI to only a few devices pre-provisioned. But they are increasingly hard to get a hold of.

Nowadays instead the network is more likely to point you in the direction of use Wifi Calling instead.

What network are you on? Try the others. EE have the widest 5G coverage

Sponsored Links
Could you test the signal at roof level, clear line of site to the 5g tower is the critical factor. Have a look at the 5g map for your network most have tower locations.. if you get a signal then all you really need is an external areal and a modem or router if you have no other internet. Remember you will need a sim for the router / modem and that is a separate contract from your phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back