How to insulate a flat roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For one reason or another we now have a 3.3m x 3.6m flat roof on the extension which has no ceiling, no insulation etc. You look up and you can see the rafters and the decking. We had a major leak and large part of the ceiling colapsed during the redeck and reroof, so I just finished the job pulling the lot down.

The insulation that was in there was 1" of fibreglass which has probably been in there since the early 70's.

There isn't any planned ventilation under the decking so I was concerned about what insulation to use. I was originally thinking of foam spray but I'm now concerned about it's problems having used the search on here!

The rafters are 6"x2" spaced between 14.5" and 18" in a random pattern so I think lots of cutting of insualtion with anything. The ceiling height is already very low so we cannot insulate under the rafters.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back