How to join a wallpapered wall to a plastered wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I'm in the process of decorating a room. The room seems to collect a lot of condensation. Mold appeared on the wallpaper because of this (i think). So Ive removed the wallpaper from the walls. Ive decided that i want to just paint the plaster instead of re wallpapering. Now this room joins on to another room without any doors. The two rooms is joined together with an arch. I want to keep the wallpaper in the other room. I'm having a little trouble in coming up with a good solution to join the plastered wall with the wallpapered wall.

Below is a picture where the wallpaper finishes at the room that I'm decorating. Ive left the wallpaper around the corner because I'm worried that the wallpaper will peel back if its just left dead on the corner.

18112007744ny5.jpg

Can anyone suggest a good solution to my problem? Ive thought about putting a boarder around it but in my mind it doesn't seem to look alright.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You should cut the wallpaper along the edge, so none folds onto the wall to be painted. Bit late now tho. This should be done while papering. I would try to cut along the edge's, use a stanley knife and use edges of plaster as a strait edge, and repaste where it comes loose.
I'm presuming that the orange is the paper from next room?

Good luck..

You could go for wooden corner beads like they sell in B an Q

The wallpaper in both rooms were the same. So i believe the wallpaper was folded around the corner when the person plastered it many years ago.

Orange is the old colour of the room that I'm decorating.

IL look in to both ideas mentioned, cheers.

Sponsored Links
I would agree with Tampa.Fit hardwood corner beads,fix them to the wall with Sticks Like Sh*t or similar adhesive.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back