HOW TO LEVEL A BATH WITH NO STRAIGHT EDGES?

The reason you should fix batons to the wall or walls in the case of a corner bath is this.
1.You do not want the bath tops moving after tiling, or you will have to silicone the top as opposed to tiling down and grouting.
DIYers are no good with silicone.
In fact very few people are.
You should silicone the wall though prior to pushing bath to wall for final fixing.
2. Your bath panel does not like being cut down in height.
Unless you know what you are doing it will crack. If not now it will later.

Hence batoning a wall is essential.

Remember to fill the bath with water prior to tiling.

Sponsored Links
Am I Mad.
All the Baths I have fitted have a natural fall to the plug internally.
You cannot level a bath from the inside unles you want your tiling to be total c**p.
You cannot use the underboard either.
To level the top just cut two pieces of wood with straight edges the width of the bath.
Cut one piece the length of the bath.
Put your level om these pieces of wood to find your levels.
I batton the wall side first anyway will the desired height deducting the foldover of the bath.
Sit the bath on this and then do as above and adjust the bath to your baton.
If you have a rolleop away from the wall then again do as above.
You only need a boat level if cutting timber as decribed.

You are not mad. Thanks for the advice. I know about the silicone bit and the batons and the fall of the bath etc. We jus had a mental blank about the leveling bit! Luckily it all came clear and we are well on the way to levelling the damn thing.

XX

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back