How to paint skirting board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lot of skirting board to paint. The problem I anticipate is keeping a nice straight line at the junction of the board and the emulsion.

Is just a steady hand the only way to do this, or is there some better way?

The other lesser problem is keeping paint off the fitted carpet.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any tips I could offer you here would have a great dependance on your skill with a brush, with regard to the carpet, you will have to mask the area. The best way here would be to sllightly lift it and try and get your tape to stick on the underside allowing the rest to be on the top.

Your fear of getting paint on you walls can be overcome by what is called a painters guide, these are in the norm made of aluminium or plastic and are readily available in both Wickes and b&q. Simply place the guide firmly between the angle of both skirt and wall and paint away.

A word of warning though have to the ready some old rags ready to wipe off the guide after each app.

If you dont get the pressure right the paint will creep to the rear of it and end up on your emulsion.

Dec.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back