How to patch up Half Round Gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,

Noticed during the downpour that our low lying black plastic gutter in the back of the house, overflows and water gushes out in a spot just above our french patio doors at the back. I took a closer look today and it appears that there is a gap of 2 inches on the top of half round gutter. Something has eaten away.

Can I get a sheet gutter and replace it or can I patch it with something. I called a roofer and he suggests that I changed the whole gutter which is about 5 meter and the price £260. The rest of the gutter is fine. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Cut out the broken area, put in two union joints and insert a new cut of gutter.

Will save you replacing the full lot

find out what caused the break?
then remove that length of gutter from the next connector fittin on the right an the next connector fittin on the left, an replace it with a same length an typeof gutter. snap it into the connectors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back