Guttering adapter? How comptable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How compatible are most guttering systems.

Clearly our house used to share a single gutter at the back, on the boundary with nextdoor, and when the previous owner re did my house and replaced it they 'pinched' the down spout leaving next doors open.

We have square white guttering, they (council owned still and clearly not overly bothered) old grey half round stuff.

It appears that half rounds are *fairly* standard but 'square' not quite so? But simply put, if I order one of these adapters, what is the chance of it fitting? What can i measure to make sure? http://www.screwfix.com/p/square-to-round-gutter-adaptor-white/74881

Daniel

Sponsored Links
My guttering says. 'Canyon' 116mm on it and appears to be fairly simular to a floplast gutter hanger i have found.

Daniel

this will fit your square gutter no problem as floplast is 116mm as well so should be okay to join with the round if its a bit baggy then use some silicone around the seal and pull together with screws

There are two types of square gutter that I know of, one has 3 sides and the other has 5 sides.

example1

example2

As long as you get the right one then it's just a case of getting the size right.

I know that Floplast sq will fit *most* other sq gutters excluding marley Flowline (5 sider) and Osma (much smaller).

As pointed out by someone else, mastic to watertight it and screws to stop it expanding/contracting and pulling apart.

Sponsored Links
Sounds fair to me, certainly worth a punt, as said, if indeed some sticking and screwing may occur. Ive just been up to see what was there and it appears at the time they tried to silicon a cutout curved end peice and a cutout square peice to make an adapter. Unsurprisingly that has failed, not aided by there being no other support to take the weight of next doors gutter for about 3foot!

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back