How to pour cleaner into combi system in new build?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a small new build house bought in 2008 and the contractors put Fernox inhibitor into it then.

I'd now like to flush the system, pour cleaner in, let it run, then flush and pour inhibitor in.

Flushing will be straight forward I hope as there is a tap for central heating drainage on outside wall in back garden near drain. Also, every single radiator downstairs has a drain valve.

But the problem is the radiators are those single panel ones that are rounded at the top, so there is no nut at the top like in type 21 and type 22 rads where I can connect the adaptor and pour the one litre bottle of cleaner inhibitor into a rad for circulation.

The boiler is a baxi combi duo tec 34 HE or something along that line.

Would really appreciate help as I'd like to do the flushing etc myself as have done a great job at my other house but with the type 21/22 rads

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your system was properly installed, and filled with inhibitor at the time, why do you feel the need to mess with it?

In answer to your question, if you drain (most) of the system, you can then disconnect a rad upstairs, then pour the inhibitor down the (vertical) pipe sticking out of the floor.

or you can use the "injector" type chemicals that come in a mastic tube tye thing and an adaptor to screw into the bleed nipple and is then injected using a mastic gun. Available at any good plumbers merchants.

If your system was properly installed, and filled with inhibitor at the time, why do you feel the need to mess with it?

In answer to your question, if you drain (most) of the system, you can then disconnect a rad upstairs, then pour the inhibitor down the (vertical) pipe sticking out of the floor.

There was a minor leak from boiler over about 12 months and tenant kept topping up pressure, so it may have diluted...?

Sponsored Links
Fernox F1 Express is just as easy to use as the cartridge gun types. It has a gas filled base to work it into the system using a radiator bleed point or similar.

Again, from any good plumbers merchant.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back