How to remove a brick from a fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm "renovating" a red brick fireplace, and have spent a good deal of time removing tile adhesive from the bricks, and sand/cement from between the bricks to allow me to renew.

However, annoyingly, amongst the red bricks (on the edges) are 2 x "aeriated" bricks (same dimensions as normal bricks but grey "breeze block" material.

Can anyone recommend the best way to remove these so I can insert a reclaimed brick I have?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
See below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhfVXm7fBU

that is one way of doing it, it will be very dusty!

You could also drill holes around the brick into the mortar with a masonry drill bit (6mm) and then work on the brick with a small masonry chisel breaking the brick in small pieces so that it can be removed.

Andy

Sponsored Links
That was a awfull lot of expense in power tools to remove a brick, and the bit they did'n't show was the couple of hours it took to clean up all the dust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back