how to remove ballpoint pen stain form leather sofa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very excited to read the above info, as I have blue biro on my soft brown leather sofa.
I bought Panthene Pro V hairspray and went for it.
Unfortunately not only did it remove a small amount of the biro mark, but also the colour of the leather where it had been sprayed.
I now have a dark brown leather sofa with pale brown patches.

DON'T USE HAIRSPRAY - UNLESS YOU HAVE A CREAM SUITE.

Sponsored Links
tamsynne said:
DON'T USE HAIRSPRAY - UNLESS YOU HAVE A CREAM SUITE.

as with all suggestions, you should always try a "test patch" first

Thankyou for this brilliant tip. After spending two hours scrubbing my 18 month old daughters vast artwork I was beginning to dispare. I now have a funny annectode to tell the family instead of the disasterous tale that it would have been.

Sponsored Links
Your advice on hair spray worked like magic on my new cream settee that had Biro marks on.THANKYOU

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the person responsible for suggesting hairspray in removing biro from a leather sofa. You have saved my life! Two year olds don't care where they write - trying to convince her father that though is a different matter. Thanks.

Its unbelievable. It works instantly.......

We had some kind of ink stain on a cream sofa, I think it had 'printed' itself from a letter or magazine or somthing because it was a mirror image.

You name it, I tried it. Mrs Tox too. Tried to claim on insurance, no joy. 'Dye Transfer' is an exclusion from most policies.

Little bit of 'Silvikryn Firm hold' on a bit of kitchen paper, straight off.

Astonishing.

Thanks guys. Saved me a lot of money.

Two quick things I'll pass on....

1. Do a test patch. Make a good job of it too... My test patch took longer than the stain removal.

2. Give the area a good wiping down after with mild detergent. Get rid of the hairspray.

Cheers,

Tox

I find it easier if you spray onto the cotton buds, dab it gently and dry dab it with a dry cloth.

Using hair spray does work on leather, I have just tried it and the stain came out easily. My wife will be pleased because it's me that puts them on in the first place some of the stains are about two years old. :D

post now closed, see 17

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back