How to remove flue pipe from back of gas stove?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting as much ready as I can for the fitter who is coming to fit a second hand fire for me.

The pipe needs to be removed from the back. There are no screws or anything, so I'm assuming its just held in by sealant.

Do I have to heat up the flange to soften the sealant?

This seems a bit strange, after all its a fire, which gets hot, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Sponsored Links
You should not be trying to remove this appliance unless the gas has been disconnected correctly. For the little time saved. leave it to your installer.

I'm not removing the appliance. It has already been removed, I just want to take off the flue pipe off the back, as a different one is being fitted before installation.

Sponsored Links
Spot on 45 years......now Acid , go stand in the corner with the silly hat on. :mrgreen:

What did I say?

It was just a fun way of saying something other than 'bump'.

Just to be clear, if my original post wasn't:

I'd like to remove the pipe that comes out of the back of a gas stove from the stove. Its the 5" pipe that normally goes up the chimney, but in this case isn't connected. The fire isn't connected at all.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank You.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back