How to remove flush unit from concealed cistern

Sponsored Links
Looks like a bayonet style, click anti-clockwise to undo, then clockwise to re-attach.

The bottom half is removed bayonet style [its two parts]but the very bottom by black seal just looks round?

Ahh, then I’m not 100% on that. What’s holding it and water in place? Unless it’s a push fit into a rigid cistern and flushpipe?

Sponsored Links
I think it maybe, can just see small lugs on base ( in pic) that would clip into base . I vaguely remember struggling with it when I installed , 3 years ago.
Maybe someone else here can add, might give suppliers a ring to see if they can confirm fixing method before I start pulling at it.

I think it maybe, can just see small lugs on base ( in pic) that would clip into base . I vaguely remember struggling with it when I installed , 3 years ago.
Maybe someone else here can add, might give suppliers a ring to see if they can confirm fixing method before I start pulling at it.
Managed to dismantle, seems it just push fits into the base with the bracket at the top for the inlet valve holding it in place, only slts into the front half of the top of flush valve which may cause it to lean , poor design.
Re-assembled after a clean and though better still lets bye a little.Maybe able to just buy the seal, or its a new flush unit.

Managed to dismantle, seems it just push fits into the base with the bracket at the top for the inlet valve holding it in place, only slts into the front half of the top of flush valve which may cause it to lean , poor design.
Re-assembled after a clean and though better still lets bye a little.Maybe able to just buy the seal, or its a new flush unit.
Hello,

I am in the very same position, valve is slowly leaking and need to either buy new unit or new seals (black & white seals) did you replace or buy new thank you.

Buy new is £27 and delivery to Ireland is £50 :( so would rather repair it if I can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back