How to remove horrible brown adhesive before skimming?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all. We’re getting a kitchen put in and I’ve had to remove some horrible woodchip wallpaper that was painted over multiple times. With gloss

Got it off (had to chisel it off! It was literally a mil and a half thick) but I’m left with some horrible brown stuff that I can only assume is the adhesive. Now this stuff is not budging. Only way to remove so far is to steam the wall and scrape off the top layer of plaster underneath when it softens! Now although this is bags of fun I’m wondering if there’s an easier way so couple of questions:

Any power tools recommended that could just grind the top layer of plaster off ready to skim over?

Or. Has anyone any experience with this horrible adhesive and would they know if just keying it in some way would be enough to skim over it?

I’ll try and attach a photo.

3765DFD1-D54A-40C1-A394-D5798762C68F.jpeg
Man. This sites great. Hopefully that’s worked

Sponsored Links
Let your plasterer see it, he might be able to prep and skim over it.

emptyhead41, good evening.

Not sure what the "adhesive" is.

How about considering cladding the walls with Plasterboard? dot and dab to fix it.

Do you have any doors on the walls affected by this adhesive??

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back