How to remove some roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a studio flat on the ground floor in my house and its really cold during winters. 3 walls are exposed and part of the roof is exposed too. Its got wood floor which doesn't help the cause either. Luckily walls are properly insulated but roof isn't. I've got some insulation in the loft which I could use to insulate the exposed roof but I don't know what's the best way of removing some roof tiles to get access to it.
I've marked the area in red in the below picture which is exposed and needs to be accessed.
roof_tiles.png

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably easier to take down some plasterboard from below.

Oh, is it? I think I won't be touching the inside because its all nicely decorated plus got quite a few spotlights.
:(

Better to take down so plasterboard now than replace it anyway later when it's water stained due to a leaking roof.

Is there no access to the void from upstairs?

Sponsored Links
There is but its pain to access. I think I'll take that route because I'm not willing to risk either leakage or decorating the indoors.
I've got quite a few spot lights and I'm thinking of covering them with flower pots (as I've read it works out fairly well on few forums) to make sure insulation doesn't cover them. I guess this is the most cost effective way or doing it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back