How to remove the discolouring from outside of house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
847DE711-A35F-444E-941E-F27A1171DCBF.jpeg
Hi

has anyone got any ideas how to remove the black from the outside of house ? Would it be easier jet washing or painting?

Sponsored Links
First sort out the guttering so it does not leak as this is what has likely caused this in the first place.
When it's absolutely peeing it down, get yer coat on and go out and have a look at it.

Then powerwash what you can off, if the result is acceptable then all is fine.
If not then consider painting it but this is likely going to require the whole house doing so it looks right.

Although looking at the rest of the front wall, it all looks like it could do with washing off.

looks to me like water is dripping onto the porch roof and splashing onto the wall

I suppose it might also be a blockage in the downpipe causing water to come out of a joint close to the porch

or even a crack or hole.

Don’t pressure wash it , you’ll strip the surface off the render. most black marks in k-rend are fungal. you’ll need dedicated cleaner . K-rend recommend soft wash render cleaning products and techniques.
check their website.

Sponsored Links
I may be wrong, but the doorsteps and gravel on the RHS, may cause issues with their proximity to the DPC?
Splashback from this area also looks to be staining the render.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back