How to remove this pipe fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These are the hot and cold water connections to an Italian made monbloc tap fitted to a French made boat. The tap has failed (small thread to hold the spout in place has cracked open) so I need to replace it.

Does anyone recognise these fittings and know how to release them?

IMG_0809.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hex from green - spanner
Green from white - looks like they unscrew as they have wings
White from elbow - ditto
Top of elbows looks as if they have release collars (grey) which if pressed into the fitting should hold off the grab-rings and allow fitting to slide off

Many thanks..........I should have said that it's the white plastic fittings that's of interest. I'll need to release these in order to be able to remove the tap flexible pipes.

The flexible pipe in the picture shows male thread (hopefully 1/2 bsp) into green. The replacement tap flex pipe ends have female parallel 1/2 bsp.

Are those in the picture likely to be taper or parallel thread and are 1/2 bsp male to male adapters (parallel to parallel or parallel to taper) readily available?

(a simpler solution would be to use the existing flexible pipes but that assumes that the tap bases use the same thread, which I don't yet know)

Albeit in lockdown, the boat is 500 mile round trip from home so I'd prefer to take all fitting options with me to avoid disappointment.

Sponsored Links
Trust the water tank is empty or the pump is turned off? Been there and got wet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Everything can stay as it is up to the hex nut on the flexi`s joining the green plastic. Hopefully the new tap comes with new flexi`s as the ends that screws into the tap itself can vary in size, the other end of the flexis look to be standard 1/2" BSP where there is rubber washer. All pretty straight forward and shouldn`t need any extras such as PTFE tape or paste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back