How to remove this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Next on the demo list is this bad boy. I assume with reasonable confidence that this was where the old arga cooker would have been located. There is a chimney that runs through the centre of the house which was removed from top to upper level ceiling when i did the roof. The chimney flue is small maybe 300mm x 300mm which I haven't located at ground floor level yet so i assume when this became redundant they have infilled or boarded over.

As the flue is so small can i assume that the structure that would have surrounded the oven is non structural and can be removed like any other wall. The rear wall is staying in place so it is just the surround which appears to be block/brickwork.

upload_2021-5-16_20-9-57.png

Sponsored Links
I had something similar in our house. It was for a floor mounted boiler. It had an asbestos/cement flue inside it. I removed the bit in the kitchen plus the flue when we remodelled the kitchen and fitted a new boiler in the loft. I also removed it from inside the loft and off of the roof, making good with new tiles. All I have left is what’s on the landing. It’s been hanging there for more than 20 years. It’s proved a handy conduit to get heating and gas pipes as well as cables up into the loft.

2C194D2C-80F4-4C0C-804E-6914A4240748.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back