How to remove yellow stain on acrylic bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A few months ago I fitted a new bath in my bathroom that I'm doing up, plumbed everything up, flushed through etc. Then certain life events got in the way and I closed the door and left it.

I've just come back to it to finish off and found that there's a bright yellow ring around the waste hole. Only thing I can imagine this might be is from the solder flux in the water that I flushed the new pipework through with? I'm still a bit puzzled because at the time I did put quite a bit of water in the bath before draining it so I'm not sure how the dregs left behind around the waste hole after draining could be concentrated enough to cause this?

Anyway, I need to get rid of it and wiping with Isopropanol etc doesn't touch it, it seems to be in the material rather than on it. Carronite bath so not cheap crap!

Anyone know any tricks for sorting this out?

MVIMG_20220409_122332.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Try a car body polish like T-Cut, if that doesn't shift it then probably time to get in touch with Carron. They'll tell you pretty quickly if it can be removed or not. If it's actually ingrained then chances are nothing will touch it and it'll need a paint to cover it but again I'm sure Carron will be able to advise.

T-cut doesn't seem to touch it either :(

Think I'm going to have to try and find a larger diameter waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back