How to repair outside wall rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bobbly rendering we have on the back of our house is breaking away in several places and I was wondering if possible to do a weatherproof patch-up job rather than stripping all the render off and having it redone. We had a rough quote earlier today of between £4000-£7000, which is pretty much out of our price range. It doesn't really matter if the repairs exactly match the existing render, just so long as they prevent any possible damage to the house. Incidentally, some of the damage was done by ivy climbing up the wall. We stripped that off, but it also took some of the render with it. Please excuse the non-technical language here lol!

Any ideas or help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tobe

Sponsored Links
The bobbly rendering we have on the back of our house is breaking away in several places and I was wondering if possible to do a weatherproof patch-up job rather than stripping all the render off and having it redone. We had a rough quote earlier today of between £4000-£7000, which is pretty much out of our price range. It doesn't really matter if the repairs exactly match the existing render, just so long as they prevent any possible damage to the house.
Incidently, some of the damage was done by ivy climbing up the wall.

If it was me, i'd make Ivy pay for the damage!! :LOL:,,, seriously though,, it is possible to patch up the old coating,, (roughcast/pebbledash or tyrolean???), but it'll never look perfect. Can you put a photo on for us to see the problem???

You could knock off what is loose and try and patch it in as best as possible, it wont match though. As roughcaster said, get a pic or two up :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back