How to repair plastic cold water pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drilled into the concrete floor of the wet room to install waste and hit a 10mm grey cold water plastic pipe coming from the kitchen to the sink of the wet room. I have no idea the manufacturer of the pipe.

What is the best way to repair this pipe/hole please ?

I could not find a pipe repair kit for 10mm only do one for 15 & 22

I was going to purchase a JG speedfit straight connector such as this one

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/Pushfit/Straight+Connector+10mm/d20/sd3143/p82662

and 2 pipe inserts as below

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/Pushfit/Superseal+Pipe+Insert+10mm/d20/sd3143/p86252

Will this do the job ? are these the right bits ? do I need the inserts ? If you could advice the right bits if not. Any special steps to carry this out ?

Many Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Thankd adl ... this is what I have on the side of the pipe

RENOR-001/294 UNE 53415-2 EX PB 15x1.7mm B1. 000.5/1.0BAR. DIN

POLSKA INSTAL

Any ideas ? can i use any inserts ? as it says on web only to use pipe manufacturer inserts ? when can i get inserts for this pipe or should any inserts be ok ?

You will need considerable lengths of pipe exposed in order to get a plastic coupler onto the pipe.

Because of the way they grip the pipe its not possible to use them as a slip coupler.

An easier solution that I would use is a brass 10mm compression coupler modified to be a slip coupler. That would need no more than about 70mm either side of the damaged pipe.

A bodge alternative would be a 15 mm slip coupler with reducing insert to 10mm.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back