How to repressure a Baxi 80e?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this is my first post and I have searched the forum but cannot find an answer.

I have a Baxi 80e boiler and the pressure is very low and I am not exactly sure how to increase the pressure. I think I need to use the filling loop but what does it have to connect to and which taps do I need to turn. I have some photos so if somebody could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

Regards
Milan

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_191920.jpg
    IMG_20170707_191920.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_20170707_191929.jpg
    IMG_20170707_191929.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,000
Sponsored Links
use the top valve on your photo. use some grips as it looks like the handle has been removed.

the filling loop is the braided hose ,silver grey colour. it looks like the valve on the left side ,in second photo, near the copper pipe is what you have to open. it would normally have a plastic handle , but your looks as though it's been removed ,so you will need a spanner. any chance of photo , taken from the top ( birds eye view ) of that valve ?

OK thanks so I can open the hose with a spanner but where do I then connect it to?

Terry I have attached a birdseye photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20170707_215423.jpg
    IMG_20170707_215423.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 491
Sponsored Links
its already in the connected position. just make sure that both ends are tight on their connections ,there are " winged " nuts on both ends to facilitate . then turn 1/4 of a turn with a spanner ,the spindle on the top of your valve ( where it should have a plastic handle )

Thanks so much that was a such a simple job when you know how. Pressure back up to normal now.

Really appreciate the help Terry and Norton.

Thanks so much that was a such a simple job when you know how. Pressure back up to normal now.

Really appreciate the help Terry and Norton.

Make sure you bleed any air out of the system - start with lowest rads then move upwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back