How to reseal this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for some advice how to reseal this bath panel, I don't really want to have to replace it, jut seal it against water ingress..
20230406_074809_copy_1612x726.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is it actually cracked all the way through or just starting to split? If it's just the surface I might be inclined to scrape off the loose coating and run a seamless bead of white silicone along the length of that seam.

Ive found reinforcing the back with fiberglass can be very effective against further cracking/deterioration.

Last edited:
Looks to be mdf ? Which has failed due to not being sealed correctly , needs replacement .

Sponsored Links
It is MDF, appreciate that ideally it should be replaced, but looking to fix it.

Last edited:
If the bottom strip comes off from the main back you could try removing it, squirt some clear adhesive into the split and then, using two battens, squeeze it together in a vice or between a couple of clamps until it has set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back