How to seal this connection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! Long time no post.

Came home to a toilet full of water and a non-functioning macerator. Lots of baling and dismantling later discover the capacitor has failed - source a replacement and totally cleaned/reassembled the macerator - and reinstalled. The copper pipe and upper jubilee clip on the waste pipe (where it turns from rubber to copper) was corroded so cleaned both up prior to reinstalling.

Unfortunately on reassembling (even with cleaning all pipes) there was a small dripping leak from macerator -> rubber 90 degree elbow with the jubilee clip unable to be done up any tighter. I have managed to stop this at present by wrapping some PTFE tape around the plastic tube coming out of the macerator. It's surviving at the moment, but I think the problem is more that the rubber 90 degree elbow has deteriorated to the point that it won't seal properly.

Does anyone have any other more permanent solutions, or know where I might find these flexible rubber elbows (one side is 45mm, believe the other side may be 32mm with insert to take down to 22mm)?

Macerator is a Sololift+ WC-1.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Try Grundfos - their spares operation is usually good

List price for a Capacitor, micro switch, rubber membrane and clip was £125. I bought the capacitor from RS Components with free next day delivery for £6.50. I dread to think how much that pipe would be. Browsing around the saniflo and macerator spares sites I haven't really found anything that mimics it. Unfortunately I know this unit is discontinued now.

Or put in a proper bog waste o_O:confused::LOL:

Unfortunately that's a little more difficult to do, it's used much less now (whether a good or bad thing I don't know!).

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Replace the corroded jubilee clip you cleaned up and tighten the new one with a suitable 1/4" drive socket.
Note: It is soft rubber to plastic connection do not use Gorilla type force!
Also check the plastic spigot (Tube you called it) is not deformed.

https://www.anchorpumps.com/rubber-parts-for-outlet-c-3

Pretty sure this will fit but phone first to make sure.

£60!

The PTFE tape and a new (slightly wider) jubilee clip has stopped the leak, used a 1/4" socket and ratchet to tighten up. Kept a container underneath it which has remained dry for the time since doing it.

Mention that next time you’re shouting at him down the big white telephone :LOL:

Hopefully it’ll be down one that isn’t connected to a schit muncher :ROFLMAO:

Surprisingly not smelly when cleaning it. Not a fan of the old latex gloves having little pin holes in though (my finger feels wet, yes, I have crap water inside my gloves giving my fingers a brown paper mache manicure).

£60!

The PTFE tape and a new (slightly wider) jubilee clip has stopped the leak, used a 1/4" socket and ratchet to tighten up. Kept a container underneath it which has remained dry for the time since doing it.

Surprisingly not smelly when cleaning it. Not a fan of the old latex gloves having little pin holes in though (my finger feels wet, yes, I have crap water inside my gloves giving my fingers a brown paper mache manicure).
no Laughing matter if you end up on life support with some fatal bacterial infection.

£60!

Please tell me you didn`t break the skin on your hands. Even the slightest abrasion go to the doc`s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back