Toilet pan to soil stack connection

how long do you need ? not long by the look of things.
your bend will sit though the tiles slightly won't it ?
pic is hard to tell exact measurements.

Sponsored Links
have you a pic of the bend you got and your pan ?
did you get another pan connector ?

Sponsored Links
yes ok not my prefered choice but never mind.

I know flexi connectors are not the preferred method for professional plumbers (probably like using plastic over copper) but it gives me the flexibility I need in connecting two slightly mis-aligned points.

I have also removed the other tile on my original post (the one where the water feed came through and I still can't get the connector in due to the false wall timber. May have to put a horizonal brace across to the left hand timber and cut the bottom off the upright!!

Think our house may be jinxed anyway, noticed the other day our downstairs toilet is leaking slightly from the soil pipe connection!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, it's not bad so thats another post for another day.

Thanks for all your help on this Seco, I really appreciate it.

Remember when you cut the 110 pipe to put a nice chamfer all the way round, then plenty of silicone grease, then slide it into the stack outlet.

IF YOU SCREW THIS UP AND LOSE THE RUBBER (IN THE STACK OUTLET) THEN IT WONT BE TIGHT, AND YOU WILL LOSE THE SEAL.......HENCE STINKY BATHROOM.

Al

lub / silicone grease........will smearing washing up liquid do the job?

To be honest, although it may seem picky, I always use plenty of silicone grease with good chamfer, simply because I will be drain testing with local building control.

If you get leaks then you got big problems to cure a stack thats boxed in without inspection hatches.

Hope that makes sense

Al

ya and you won't be drain testing this install. as its not a new install and don't need testing

i agree with you.
and this job has been a big screw up when the op had the first plumber in.

ok-wink.gif

ya and you won't be drain testing this install. as its not a new install and don't need testing

Yes, spot on, I was just trying to help the OP, Ive seen so many screw ups lol.

Al

And I appreciate all the help offered, thanks.

I can't get the pipe in square enough to push into the stack. Going to cut out part of the wooden upright to get the fitting square before fitting. Will cross brace it with a noggin first though.

apply only light pressure after lubrication, (that sounds crazy).

Wiggle it into place, then its easy to remove if you need to adjust length (lol).

Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back