Soil Pipe / Toilet move

19 Dec 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We want to move out toilet from an Outside wall to an Inside wall.

Currently the toilet backs onto the outside wall and the waste pipe goes straight through the wall to the vertical soil pipe on the outside wall.

We want to move the toilet to an Inside wall - thus the soil pipe would run under the floor.
The new toilet outlet is straight from the back of the toilet the same as the old one.
We'll need one of these Pan connectors to allow the toilet to connect to the soil pipe under the floor.º-Bend;jsessionid=U4TAPGH2D1GSCCSTHZOCFFY

What happens after that?
Can I connect the above Pan connector to a 90° 110mm angle?
If so, I assume I connect it to the "Female" end (the one with the rubber seal), but when I do this, the connection seems a bit loose with the pan connector moving around quite a lot on it's rubber seals.

Should I use a short piece of 110mm pipe to join the Pan Connector and 90° angle together?

Any Ideas / comments / suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Should I use a short piece of 110mm pipe to join the Pan Connector and 90° angle together?

It will have to be short as you will struggle to get the correct fall ( 1 inch per metre) otherwise.

Is there no other route you can take to get to the stack?
Hi Bahco,
Thanks for the reply...
The pipe only needs to go approx 500mm under the floor before it exits through the wall, so I should be able to get enough fall.

Should we have bought an S Trap toilet or is connecting the pipes together as I surmise acceptable?
Sponsored Links
reading your original question - the pan connector is designed to go into a 110 pipe not into a female socket. You need a piece of 110 pipe in the socket, then the pan connector inside of that.
Thanks All...
It all makes sense now...

Now all I need to do is get a hole in the wall for the Soil pipe! :rolleyes:
then go outside and adjust the soil stack because you will be lower than the original entry point on the stack. If you get a basic error like the pipe the wrong way round than I would not like your chances of doing this job. Get a plumber to give you a quote and see what he says with regards to the soil stack. This might be a little more complicated than you think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links