Flexible connector for WC pan / old cast iron soil pipe

30 Nov 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Help I am having a problem connecting my new back to wall WC pan to the original cast iron soil pipe using a flexible connector.

I did the most stupid thing. I did not measure the size of the old pipes or check about required fittings. I assumed that the flexible connectors on the market would do the job. So disposed of the old toilet and cut back the cast iron pipework using a angle grinder so that I may push the toilet as far back toward wall as possible. Now I am stuck without a functional toilet and no idea of how to connect my toilet pan to these old cast iron soil pipes.

The stack is shared with my neighbours above and below and I have no access to the stack as it is behind a concrete wall.

I have tried to measure the cast iron pipe - its seems to be between 80-85mm diameter, I think its approximately 3.5" diameter.

The size of the wc pan connection is approximately 100mm.

Can anyone save me... :(
Sponsored Links
Hi Denso13,

Thank you for your advice.

I could not find the the flexible WC connector you suggested stocked locally, however a local plumbers merchant did suggest buying a 3.5" Kwickfit WC pan connector extension piece (cut to suit) married with the standard 4" McAlpine Flexible Pan Connector. It worked a treat. Without your help I would have had to call in a plumber to sort this out.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local