How to temporarily tap off water supply to sink?

17 Jan 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Just in the final stages of ripping out my old kitchen ready for the new one to be fitted and have a question about what to do with the supply to the taps.

There will be a few days where we have to disconnect the sink completely but after following the mains pipes back to the stop cock there is no isolation valve of any kind just for the sink - it's either the whole house or nothing.

Can anybody tell me how I can temporarily disconnect the supply here? Have included a photo of the current connections to the mixer tap - is it possible to turn the mains off, disconnect, cap the pipe in some way, then turn back on?

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Turn the mains off, cut the pipe, put on a compression stop end (or a plastic push fit if you want) and then turn the water back on.
Instead of a stop end, you can fit an isolating valve if you like.
John :)
Edit...thought the pic was upside down....trace back to where the flexis connect!
Sponsored Links
The very same type of fitting, perfect thanks guys will pick up a couple of those :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local