How to toe and heel 2 panel UPVC door!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok guys. Its my first post on here (only just found this place!) but not my first UPVC window or door fitting (but Im not in the trade or wouldnt be asking this question!!)

ok. Ive fitted a few single panel UPVC doors and got the toe and heeling down great now.

But this is the first twin panel door Ive done :evil: and its really starting to annoy me!

Can I ask:

Should I toe and heel the lower panel, bead it up and then do the top one?

This door is seriously the most tightly fitting door (into the frame) ever! The slightest tiniest movement of a spacer and it will catch.

The lower pane doesnt seem to adjust door lift that much (lower Centre of Gravity I guess) but still I have tried almost everything to get this door to close perfect and it still catches a sliver of material on closing.

note/ I didnt fit the door and was asked if I could sort their door out as it had door drop (for family member)

I have jacked it to the hilt and even gone past the fulcrum point so the door was (I think) too high because I then removed a spacer or two and the door opened much better again :confused:

Any help or advice from an expert would be gratefully appreciated!

The door is a standard UPVC door with the three hinges on one side that have plastic caps in the top of them (most Ive bought have been like this)

Can these hinges be adjusted to move the door away from the catch side of the frame??.... even 1mm would fix it!

THANKS

Sponsored Links
all upvc doors are adjusted by the hinges and they all vary on how they are adjusted depending on make style etc.
heres a set of standard B n Q french doors i have just fit and adjusted.
At £134 for the set it was a bargain not to be missed.

The pics show how these type of doors are adjusted with an allen key and which direction they will go upon adjusting. Hope this helps.

4pxobvd.jpg
52o28f5.jpg

tomos said:
all upvc doors are adjusted by the hinges and they all vary on how they are adjusted depending on make style etc.
heres a set of standard B n Q french doors i have just fit and adjusted.
At £134 for the set it was a bargain not to be missed.

The pics show how these type of doors are adjusted with an allen key and which direction they will go upon adjusting. Hope this helps.

Hmm
Very interesting :)

Many Thanks for your help and photos!
i will go and take a look at the hinges right now and post back!

thanks

edit/

BUGGER

Just taken a look and the hinges are exactly the same as the ones in your pic... a little tweak of inwards adjustment (towards the inner frame) and BINGO....

Door now opens and closes perfectly :LOL:

Thanks so much for your input.

I cant believe what a plankton I was to not spot these when I looked over the hinges for some type of adjuster!!

oh well...every day is a school day as they say!

when adjusting the door which way do you turn the allen key to move the door up (clockwise/anti-clockwise) and which way to move it in/out ?

Sponsored Links
Up is clockwise, down is anti-clockwise and left is clockwise and right is anti-clockwise, hope they are all the same!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back