How to use an SDS chasing bit with "wings"?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a dewalt SDS drill, I have been using a standard chisel bit for chasing walls however I am on the lookout for an actual chasing bit. I have seen the Armeg Channeling bit on youtube however after reading reviews apparently it break very easy, plus one reviewer recommended buying a chasing bit with "wings".

I see screwfix sells a Dewalt SDS Plus Shank Chasing Chisel which has these "wings", however as embarrassing as it sounds, I have absolutely no clue how to use it. I have searched youtube however cant seem to find a video with one of these bits on there.

Please could somebody give me pointers on how to use it effectively or point me to a video of such a bit?

Thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
The wings ride over the surface of the wall, to stop you from digging too deep into the wall.

Not the greatest video, but you can see at the end it has the wings...

Ahhh brilliant that video is perfect, just wanted to get an idea. Thank you very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back