How to use differential temperature setting on an analyser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was curious on how to use this setting as regards to finding out if a boiler is over heating or not working up to standard.

I assume when hot water cycles or cuts out to use this, but im unsure of where to attatch the clamps and what temperatures to look out for when there is a problem.

cheers

Sponsored Links
You need to attach sensors to both flow and return.The differential is then obvious.Manufacturers have their own limits on temp diff but generally under 20*C for most boilers is a rule of thumb.

Sponsored Links
First two posts are talking about different things!

You can use a diff thermostat to measure the difference between CH flow/return, plate HE flow/return and you can also use it to see the rise in DHW in/out ( what is what the OP was alluding to ).

CPA I is best discussed in the CC.

Tony

Not being funny, but if you need a differential thermometer to figure out if a boiler is overheating or not, you are a long way from running a business on your own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back