How to view video files on USB drive on Panasonic TX-58DX750B?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read the manual & been in touch with Panasonic directly & still I'm unable to do it. If any of you have managed this (or on another Panasonic model similar to this) then please post up what you did & which USB Flash Drive you used (in case the one i'm using is no good).

This is a copy of the email i've just sent Panasonic (which details step by step what i have tried)....

Thank you for including the manual for this TV. I was hoping you would be able to assist further as i have followed the instructions and still cannot view video files on this TV. I will take you through a step-by-step as to what i did to see if you can spot a problem as to why this is not working.

* USB Flash Drive used: 64GB Kingston DataTraveler SE9 G2 USB 3.0 Flash Drive

1. Insert USB flash drive in to PC USB slot & ‘quick format’ USB flash drive using exFAT file system
  2. drag video files from a folder on my PC to the USB flash drive. Video file formats both [.mp4] & also [.mkv]
  3. Insert USB flash drive in to USB port 1 on TV ... TV says “USB device detected” in bottom right corner
  4. On the remote i press APPS>recorded TV but then get an error message “cannot access the selected USB device. Please ensure the device is connected correctly”.
  5. I then wonder if i need to format the USB drive using the TV & not a PC so on the remote i press MENU>SETUP>USB DEVICE SETUP. Under Product it says “DataTraveler 3.0”. I press “OK” to format but get the error message “Formatting failed. This device is not supported”.
And so i am unable to watch the video files on this TV.

What steps do i need to carry out in order to view these files on this TV?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Go back to basics. Format the flash drive in the PC as Fat32 (not exfat). Don't put any video files on the drive. Take the drive out of the PC and plug it in to the telly. Check if the TV recognises the drive and whether it will format it.

For anyone else who may have this TV &/or this problem, i have solved it. Well, i haven't - Panasonic did in the end after a few emails to their CS dept.

I didn't need to reformat it & exFAT was fine. What was going wrong was i was trying to access the files incorrectly. I was trying to access them via the APPS button on the remote & finding an app that may access the flash drive.

What i should've been doing all along was pressing the HOME button on the remote, going in to DEVICES & then selecting the flash drive from there. This enabled me to be able to watch the videos on the USB stick.

Alls well that ends well :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back