How to wire electric blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase 4 remote controlled blackout roller blinds.

I'd like to have them connected to 4 switches in a single grid plate, so they match my light switches.

4-gang-2-way-ingot-10ax-switch-minigrid-01701456S.jpg

I'd like each switch to control a blinds individually (using a 3 position retractive switch - up/down/off).

I know that the motor used is basically a 2-core - 2 wires that would connect back to the appropriate control module to supply the voltage to drive the motor in one direction or the other:
  • A +24Vdc supply will result in the motor driving in direction 1 (i.e. blind open)
  • A -24Vdc supply will result in the motor driving in direction 2 (i.e. blind close)
  • Removing the voltage will stop the motor (i.e. stop the blind at a mid point between open and close)
Can you suggest the best way to wire this - I assume wired to a master controller that takes a mains feed and powers all the blinds or something similar? Any ideas what I could use?

Anyone who has seen a wiring diagram would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
One would expect to find limit switches to stop blinds when fully open and fully closed, with out information on how the blinds are limited this question can't be answered. Often the limit switches are built into the blinds so a simple two way, two pole switch with centre off can reverse polarity but may not fit in with the existing limit system.

A good starting point would be to ask the company supplying the parts for a circuit diagram.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @jj4091 - that's the conclusion I came to. I what's the right kind of supply I should be looking for?

It depends on what type of relays you choose & of course you will need one for the device.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back