How urgently does the wall need rebuilding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a driveway wall within my property boundary that is quite damaged on the neighbour-facing side with multiple blown bricks.
It's not as bad on the side facing my place (last pic).

I could still walk along it without it falling down but I wondered how urgently I needed to get it rebuilt? Or if there would be any benefits to rendering instead?
There's I chance I will move within 12 months depending on rates and prices so I am tempted to leave it but need to gather opinions (deal breaker for some buyers?).

I have seen my neighbour jet wash his car and driveway in the past which I doubt has helped the condition.

I'd have it done at a much lower height if I go ahead.

Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 20.57.57.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 20.57.39.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 20.58.11.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 20.58.24.png

Sponsored Links
Imo, it doesn’t need rebuilding, especially anytime soon. So, either new bricks for the old ones, or if cheaper then rebuild. Get a brickie in for some quotes.

Imo, it doesn’t need rebuilding, especially anytime soon. So, either new bricks for the old ones, or if cheaper then rebuild. Get a brickie in for some quotes.
The bricky I got in said definitely rebuild but I'm not so sure. I'd rather leave it for a while if it's not detrimental.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It does look a bit ugly.
But It does not need re-building.
(Unless you want to spend money to make it look nicer).

And if selling house no benefit whatsoever to spend any money on it. The cost to improve it will not increase sell price of house. And spending money rendering it to hide it may reduce price.

Sell house with it as is.

Sfk

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
It doesnt need rebuilding. It just looks ugly thats all. Its not going to fall down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back