How water - low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

When we moved into this house 5 years ago the pressure in both hot and cold taps was essentially the same. Since then, but noticeably in the last year or so, the hot pressure at all taps (and showers) has been dropping - I'd estimate that water comes out at about half the pressure of the cold tap at all outlets, upstairs and down. If a hot tap is turned on elsewhere at the same time as the shower, the shower pressure drops a lot - it doesn't drop much (if at all) if a cold tap is turned on.

A possibly linked issue is that, if any tap is turned on whilst, say, the shower is running, the flow starts 'shaking' - usually this stops when the tap is turned off but sometimes it needs a couple of go's.

We have a mid 90's bryant built house, with a large unvented water tank and a small header tank (~60x40x40cm) in the loft.

Does anyone have any diagnosis tips or suggestions to fix?

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
When was the unvented cylinder last serviced? This should be done annually along with your boiler. I suspect you're suffering from a combination of a deflated expansion volume and a failed inlet valve. You need someone with a G3 qualification to work on these

It's looked at during the British Gas homecare check each year, but there isnt any formal service of it as far as i know (it may not be in our package, come to think of it)!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back