How we treat our War Veterans is shameful

Sponsored Links
Nonsense. PTSD can be caused by many things, not always by war.
Indeed PTSD can be caused by many things...

But is a civilian forced into a war situation that can cause PTSD?

Of course not!

I suggest you rethink your comment!

Indeed PTSD can be caused by many things...

Of course not!

I suggest you rethink your comment!

So there's no civilian PTSD casualties of war???

Or, do you mean there are no civilian casualties of war with PTSD in your neighbourhood?

If a civilian happens to be in an area that is attacked, he or she did not volunteer to lose his home, his family, his life, his skin, or his limbs.

Sponsored Links
How is an ex-soldiers PTSD any different from a civilian with PTSD?

Should it be treated any differently?

Thankfully, our NHS does not consider a persons past contribution to society when triaging.

What a scary world it would be if they did !
You asked the silly question.
As Justin Passing said, there are schemes for Vets, so they are not judged on the same criteria as civilians.
But there clearly are different 'systems' and 'processes' set up depending on your status.
Discussing these differences and their moral value is a perfectly acceptable discussion.

Discussing philosophically the contribution to society from a nurse, compared to a soldier is not "babbling idiots on a website", it's a perfectly acceptable philosophical discussion.

You asked the silly question.
As Justin Passing said, there are schemes for Vets, so they are not judged on the same criteria as civilians.

You may not be aware that there are 'schemes' for nurses, for doctors, for firemen, for paramedics . . . .Do you want me to go on???

But there clearly are different 'systems' and 'processes' set up depending on your status.
Discussing these differences and their moral value is a perfectly acceptable discussion.

You might want to revisit what you imply by using the word "status" & "moral value".

Discussing philosophically the contribution to society from a nurse, compared to a soldier is not "babbling idiots on a website", it's a perfectly acceptable philosophical discussion.

You "babbling idiots on a website" are digging holes that you cannot climb out of. It's OK for you to put your soldiers on a pedestal if you need to, but please don't attempt to imply that a soldiers healthcare is or should be any more important than anyone else's healthcare.

In your logic, would a nurse soldier's healthcare have a higher or lower priority than a combat soldier casualty?

You may not be aware that there are 'schemes' for nurses, for doctors, for firemen, for paramedics . . . .Do you want me to go on???
Because they are emergency workers, I could have picked other vocations. :rolleyes:
Teachers, shop workers, bin men. :rolleyes:
We could compare the contribution of a soldier to a bin man.

You might want to revisit what you imply by using the word "status" & "moral value".
I don't need to and i don't want to. It's a comment that stands on its own merit.

You "babbling idiots on a website" are digging holes that you cannot climb out of. It's OK for you to put your soldiers on a pedestal if you need to, but please don't attempt to imply that a soldiers healthcare is or should be any more important than anyone else's healthcare.
I'm not, I was simply adding to a philosophical debate.

In your logic, would a nurse soldier's healthcare have a higher or lower priority than a combat soldier casualty?
So you do want a philosophical debate?
In my opinion a nurse's contribution to society should have a higher rating than a soldiers. In fact, imo, all emergency workers contribution should be rated higher than a soldier's.
Emergency workers do it day in day out. A soldier might occasionally do the job as laid down in his job description, but without the need for soldiers the world might be a better place.
A soldier creates death, injury and misery. It's what he or she is trained to do.

But imo medical treatment should not be based on your contribution to society. All should be treated equally. Now back to those special schemes, different status of people, etc.

Back