How would I fix a metal drawer handle .. threaded bar loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had some metal drawer pulls for quite a while, but never got around to using them until now.

I see the threaded bar joining the knob was bent, meaning a hole drilled through the drawer wouldn't let the handle sit 'square' on the drawer front. I therefore decided to try and bend it back in line .. result .. it broke off.

It seems the threaded bar was not actually screwed into the front knob, but was glued into position.

How would I fix this please ? I have looked online a have been unable to locate a matching handle.

thank you

Sponsored Links
A photo may help but if it's what I think you mean I'd find nuts of the same size and fill the rod with them, pinch them all together and the tension it puts on the rod may force it straight.

Failing that you can use pliers to pull it straight while the nuts are on there, which will help prevent damaging the thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back