How Would You Point This?

This is more of a question than a suggestion as I my entire knowledge of patio construction has been accumulated from the web in the past week, but bearing in mind these slabs have been laid with a sticky mortar, would'nt well compressed kiln dried sand be ideal pointing for this situation?

Sponsored Links
Remember that you can hose the polymeric slurry's off not just brush. I use them on riven sandstone with all its nooks and crannies so after pointing an area i hose each slab as i go to clean it out of the riven bits.

Obviously your slabs are much much worse though.

Good luck

I've made small pointing tools in the past by grinding down old table knives (the sort you eat with) for pointing work on tight ashlar stones. Takes a lot of time though to get a decent amount of pointing in.
To be honest though looking at the design I can't help but think pointing would look out of place on "wooden " blocks like you have.

He won't be told and some mug is egging him on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back