How would you rate this computer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been offered a new computer, a Dell Dimension 5150c
The spec as follows.
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 processor 660 3.6mhz.
With HT technology. 800SB,2MB cache
Memory: 1024DDR2 Duel channel 400Mhz memory 2+512
Hard Drive: 250GB ( Sata )
Card reader: F1394 Firewire card Media card reader
Graphics: 256mb PCI Express AMI Radeon X600 Hypermemory.
Sound: Sound blaster Live! 24-bit Advanced HD sound card with Dell ADAA425 speakers.
Lan. Integrated Intel Pro 10/100 earth net.
Wireless Multimedia keyboard & mouse.
Media Drive: 16+maxDVD+R+R/W&16+IDE DVD ROM
Monitor: 17” TFT Flat Screen.
Norton antivirus + security for 3 years
Windows home + SP2.
And a good software package.
What would you pay for this computer & is it any good. I'll let you know what I can buy it for later.
Regards
QF

Sponsored Links
We have Dells at work,and they have been very good - very few problems,and excellent support.
Sounds OK to me,and would guess £600-£700 ?

Quick Fit

are you a serious Gamer ???

or do you just want an all round pc for the year 2005 ,

if gamer you can add another same make/model Graphics card (same spec,a must sli mode) too increase the graphics if not ..

you got a great system , an if at the price of the other poster with warrenty you got a 2 yrs proof machine for all round PC useage

Thanks for the replys. The recomended price from Dell was £1209.97. Under the goverment scheme I can buy it for £746.87. That is with norton for three years and a good warranty, inc in the price.

Moz. I'm not a serious gamer, but do play the odd computer game.

PowerTool, Yes alot of companys use Dell, so maybe there not as bad as some people say.

For the price it sounds a good buy, so I've ordered one. :D
Regards QF

Sponsored Links
Quick Fit said:
Under the goverment scheme I can buy it for £746.87.

Which scheme would this be, if it means getting a pc cheaper, I think we would all like to know.:cool:

nstreet said:
Quick Fit said:
Under the goverment scheme I can buy it for £746.87.

Which scheme would this be, if it means getting a pc cheaper, I think we would all like to know.:cool:

We have the same offer at our Place of work, basicly you pay so much a month deducted before Tax and NI from your pay. At the end of three years you get to buy the system at a fraction of what it is worth. You do not own it till then. The printers offerd by Dell on this offer are Lexmark, so stear clear of them.

Back