Howdens Larder Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

Was wondering if anybody can answer a question regarding Howdens Larder units with the pull out racking.

My question is, can you remove the racking and use the unit with shelves and add hinged doors, rather than the doors attached to the face of the racking . Not sure if the unit will have holes pre drilled for hinges, shelves ect like there larder units with shelves ?
Thankyou in advance

Sponsored Links
So long since I did one I can"t remember, but even if it isn't pre-drilled there's a handy plastic drilling jig on eBay Amazon, etc which will allow you to mark the sides for drilling the hinge mounting holes. My last one cost all of £2.50. Do yourself a favour if you go this route and chose hinges with screwdriver adjustable vertical and in-out adjustments. They make life a lot easier and allow a bit of leeway in the installation positions

Hi ,

Was wondering if anybody can answer a question regarding Howdens Larder units with the pull out racking.

My question is, can you remove the racking and use the unit with shelves and add hinged doors, rather than the doors attached to the face of the racking . Not sure if the unit will have holes pre drilled for hinges, shelves ect like there larder units with shelves ?
Thankyou in advance
Do you have a larder unit?

Sponsored Links
I have got a 15 year old Howdens larder unit (wouldn't buy it again). Please keep us up to date with the project.

You’d be better off phoning Howden with the measurements of the unit, rather than asking a bunch of strangers who appear to have a combined knowledge of absolutely zilch.
You are presumably unaware that manufacturers change specifications quite regularly in the kitchen trade and that even the XYZ unit I installed last month may be different to the one you bought yesterday. Thank you for your positive and helpful input :LOL:

Edit: Is it me, or was he modded out of existence???

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back