150mm space between kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have 150mm space between a tall larder and a free standing fridge/freezer (pic below), want to put something there, opinions welcome, can I do this?

Use 150mm wall unit as base unit (similar to pic below), stick 4 legs and attach to larder with a couple of screws, fit a door. Then put a 150mm wine rack I already have (pic below) on top the base unit, secure with one screw from base unit and another from larder.

150mm space.jpg

150mm space.jpg

150mm wall unit.jpg

wine rack.jpg

Sponsored Links
what do the installation instructions off the f/f say most need at least 25mm or more ??

Sponsored Links
i think with modern machines there is no cooling radiator the heat is full dissipated via the metal casing so a side without ventilation will be less able to disperse heat so use a bit more energy to work properly??
but i could be very wrong and off course others will correct me :D

I had to double check, there is an issue with f/f doors, when opened go about 2" onto the left into the space. Any suitable units? Or Would a pull out storage rack fitted 2" back to accommodate f/f doors look bad??

what's on the other side of the F/F?
Could you change the hinge/handle so it opens the other way?

what's on the other side of the F/F?
Could you change the hinge/handle so it opens the other way?

I had to reverse doors for practicality, to reverse again is no option really

I think have 2 choices, either bring f/f a bit closer to larder and put a tall filler or a pull out storage cabinet positioned 2" or so back. Any other I can do?

I think people generally just have a gap for the door to open or the fridge sits away from the wall a little to allow the door to open.

i think with modern machines there is no cooling radiator the heat is full dissipated via the metal casing so a side without ventilation will be less able to disperse heat so use a bit more energy to work properly??
but i could be very wrong and off course others will correct me :D
Cooling ventilation all to rear.Sides are full of insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back