Howling Boiler (whale song dolphins and whimpering puppy)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Economist Myson boiler.

Since we had an 'off duty' British Gas engineer have a look at our central heating (we wanted to go with the BG service maintenance thing and didn't want to pay the upgrade price of £240) he drained the system, refilled it and added some chemical to the water to prevent the build-up of Hydrogen gas (?).

Since then the boiler has been howling and moaning like anything from Whale song to Dolphins to a whimpering puppy. And its been getting worse. I've called the guy back but I'm sick of waiting now so I've tried bleeding the system, radiators and turning the guage down. It has helped a bit but it still howls.

I have read quite a few of the other posts but no-one seems to have solved this problem as yet.

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
did he flush the system first?
maybe you should try that.

Gasman may want to 'put pen to paper here'

Corrosion gives off hydrogen. System cleansing gases as well. But to add chemicals to stop hydrogen forming. I think you have been had.

Sponsored Links
DP like 'off duty' BG engineer working illegally. ( CORGI registration only valid whilst actually working for company printed on ID card)

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back