How's this for a quality re-roofing job??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we moved in to our property, three years ago, the owner made a big thing about the garage having been re-roofed. It did look superficially ok but I couldn't see a lot as it was sheeted with that asbestos type cement board.

I'm now demolishing it to make way for a new bungalow and this is what greeted me on removing the cement sheeting - including loads and loads of muck from the old disintegrated roofing sheets which had been removed.

This was done by a roofing contractor with "twenty years experience"

View media item 13628 View media item 13629 View media item 13630 View media item 13631
He had actually tried to skew nail the corners of the sheets together!

Sponsored Links
20 years since he stopped "travelling" and set up a roofing business ;) ...I had a 1958 4 wheel isetta once cost me £15 in 1975 :eek: One I wished I`d kept. Right hand drive .From the Portslade factory...sold it for £30. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Going on the "tradesmen" I have had here his name was probably Klaus !
Ps. I have a roofer coming Monday....derrrrr !

wow that is a bodge job if ever i saw one !! overlapping board ends?? 20yrs experience? it certainly wasn't experience in doing a good job

W
When we moved in to our property, three years ago, the owner made a big thing about the garage having been re-roofed. It did look superficially ok but I couldn't see a lot as it was sheeted with that asbestos type cement board.

I'm now demolishing it to make way for a new bungalow and this is what greeted me on removing the cement sheeting - including loads and loads of muck from the old disintegrated roofing sheets which had been removed.

This was done by a roofing contractor with "twenty years experience"

View media item 13628 View media item 13629 View media item 13630 View media item 13631
He had actually tried to skew nail the corners of the sheets together!
When he said he had 20 years experience are you sure he was talking about roofing :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back