Hoy Durham plumber just for you ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I might leave that bath tap running all night too !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ave-hosepipe-bans-blame-greed-ineptitude.html

Just for you durhamplumber
Quote "

Daily Mail reader, Ann Brook, wrote yesterday from Cadiz in south-west Spain that 'four months without a drop of rain is not uncommon, but there has never been a water shortage and there is lush greenery and trees everywhere'.

In line with current environmental posturing, the water companies talk of water as 'a precious resource'. Not only is such politically correct language absurd in our rainy island, but the firms' earnest rhetoric is also contradicted by their own reckless behaviour."

Rather sums up the water situation .........and that idiot at ofwat saying we shouldn't water gardens using tap water .......where does the idiot suggest we get water from then.

What crass stupidity from the woman........where's her Damn common sense.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I must ask, under which law can you be prosecuted for using a hosepipe during a hosepipe ban?

So you can't use a hose but you can fill a bucket or watering can?

Sponsored Links
So you can't use a hose but you can fill a bucket or watering can?
It's supposed to stop wasting water and people leaving their sprinklers on all day, washing cars etc. Fair enough I suppose.

Been nuts around here, I've well established shrubs wilting and even some trees are dying off. Am enjoying this summer but it really hits nature hard when no rain for so long. Nothing for wildlife to drink and little on the way of food with vegetation dying.

Britain obviously is not short of water.
As was reported recently in the north-west there isn't a shortage but because of the extra use in the hot weather, the pipes cannot cope.

Also, hose pipe bans are introduced just in case. That is, just in case it does not píss down next winter and replenish the reservoirs.
Of course, reservoirs have not kept pace with the population.
It's like snow ploughs; not often needed so not bought.

Spain is a lot bigger, therefore the rivers are longer and larger.
Because of the terrain, a lot of the rivers in Spain flow from the north, where it does rain and snow, or east and then across almost the whole length/width of the country.
There are quite a few very large reservoirs.

upload_2018-7-18_13-13-10.png

As was reported recently in the north-west there isn't a shortage but because of the extra use in the hot weather, the pipes cannot cope.

I wonder if they are recruiting men to upgrade their system?

Damn. I'll have a look anyway, I'd love to work on reservoirs and rivers.

Spain built Europe's first desalination plant nearly 40 years ago and is the largest user of desalination technology in the Western world. ... Just steps away from the Mediterranean sea along Spain's southern coast, machinery hums inside Carboneras, one of Europe's largest seawater desalination plants.
Bit of a difference Gasbanni....desal plants are fekoff expensive to run!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back